Rachel Bublitz is an award winning and internationally produced playwright. She founded the 31 Plays in 31 Days Project, the Loud & Unladylike reading festival, is a Youth Ambassador for the Dramatists Guild of America, and has been a member of the PlayGround Writers’ Pool from 2013 to 2016. In 2015 she was awarded the June Anne Baker Prize and the Emerging Playwright Award from PlayGround. She has an MA in English and an MFA in Creative Writing from San Francisco State University. When Rachel isn’t writing, she’s chasing after her two viking-like children.
Her full length play Of Serpents & Sea Spray was produced with Custom Made Theatre Co.’s 2015/16 season. Her short plays have been produced by:
- Subversive Theatre Collective
- Wily West Productions
- Playwright’s Center of San Francisco
- Unity Stage Company
- Playwrights Foundation
- The One-Minute Play Festival
- San Francisco Theater Pub
- San Jose Rep’s Emerging Artist Lab (SJReal)
- Mommy Dances With The Devil
- The Fantasy Club
- The Red House Monster
- Mom’s Ham
- Reading Babar in 2070
- Oy, Oy, Oy, Merry Christmas!
Photo courtesy of Robert Reeves.