Rachel Bublitz is an award winning and internationally produced playwright. She founded the 31 Plays in 31 Days Project, the Loud & Unladylike reading festival, and is a former Youth Ambassador for the Dramatists Guild of America. In 2015 she was awarded the June Anne Baker Prize and the Emerging Playwright Award from PlayGround. She has an MA in English and an MFA in Creative Writing from San Francisco State University.
Her full length play Of Serpents & Sea Spray was produced with Custom Made Theatre Co.’s 2015/16 season. She has also worked with:
- Playwrights Foundation
- Wyoming Theater Festival
- Subversive Theatre Collective
- Wily West Productions
- Playwright’s Center of San Francisco
- Unity Stage Company
- The One-Minute Play Festival
- San Francisco Theater Pub
- San Jose Rep’s Emerging Artist Lab (SJReal)
- Break Room
- Murder Girls
- Mommy Dances With The Devil
- The Fantasy Club
- The Red House Monster
- Mom’s Ham
- Reading Babar in 2070
- Oy, Oy, Oy, Merry Christmas!
When Rachel isn’t writing, she’s chasing after her two viking-like children.
Photo courtesy of Robert Reeves.