Rachel Bublitz is an award winning and internationally produced playwright. She founded the 31 Plays in 31 Days Project, the Loud & Unladylike reading festival, and is a former Youth Ambassador for the Dramatists Guild of America. In 2015 she was awarded the June Anne Baker Prize and the Emerging Playwright Award from PlayGround. She has an MA in English and an MFA in Creative Writing from San Francisco State University.
She has also worked with:
- Playwrights Foundation
- San Francisco Playhouse
- Salt Lake Acting Company
- Wyoming Theater Festival
- Egyptian Youtheatre
- FRESH PRODUCE’d LA
- City Lights Theater Company
- Subversive Theatre Collective
- Wily West Productions
- Playwright’s Center of San Francisco
- Unity Stage Company
- The One-Minute Play Festival
- San Francisco Theater Pub
- San Francisco Olympians Festival
- Greenbrier Valley Theatre
- Cutler Bay Community Theater
- The Charles Stewart Howard Playhouse
- La Petite Morgue
- San Jose Rep’s Emerging Artist Lab (SJReal)
Her other plays include:
- Break Room
- Murder Girls
- Mommy Dances With The Devil
- Lean In With Liz!
- The Fantasy Club
- The Red House Monster
- Mom’s Ham
- Reading Babar in 2070
- Oy, Oy, Oy, Merry Christmas!
When Rachel isn’t writing, she’s chasing after her two viking-like children, and learning about weather in her new home of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Photo courtesy of Robert Reeves.
- May, 2017
- Two Pieces Coming Up At PianoFight In San Francisco
- More Professoring This Fall!
- Up Next: Plan-B Theatre's (in)divisible
- Updated Casting Call For Wyoming Theater Festival
- OF SERPENTS & SEA SPRAY's Final Weekend Starts Tomorrow
- April Submission Tally
- Apr, 2017
- Announcing My CHEERLEADERS VS ALIENS Director And Dramaturg
- Wyoming Theater Festival Casting Call
- Play Three of Six: CHEERLEADERS VS ALIENS
- Good News: Plan-B Lab