Last night I went and saw MARAT/SADE at Brava in San Francisco. I don't have a ton to say about it… Here's what I got, and take from it what you will:
- Surprise musical. I really must learn read descriptions better.
- Some of the solo songs were excellent, and Aaron Malberg, who played Jean-Paul Marat was quite good.
- Mental institutions have lost their “edginess.”
- Well made set and beautiful costumes.
- No arc in the story, just confusion.
- And so…. We left at intermission.
Not a must see, sorry to say. Tonight I'm seeing Theatre Pub's Pint Sized Plays though. That will make it all better.