This was announced last week, I was out of town so excuse my lateness, but San Francisco Theater Pub is now accepting submissions for Pint-Sized V! Pint-Sized has a bit of a mythical quality to it for me, it was one of the first shows I saw when I first started getting into the theater scene back in 2013. I will ALWAYS remember Allison Page doing Megan Cohen‘s BEEEEEAAR!. I saw that show twice I liked it so much, and that's saying something because I pay someone big bucks to watch my kids when I'm not at home. It was magical, and hilarious, and theater at any cost. That's something Theater Pub does a lot, and I really respect and love that.
ANYWAY, the great news is that now you too can participate! Ya know, if you're into that sort of thing…
###SUBMISSION CALL FOR PINT-SIZED V!
"San Francisco Theater Pub is pleased to announce that our popular PINT-SIZED PLAYS event will be returning for a fifth year and that we are now accepting script submissions from Bay Area playwrights!
PINT-SIZED PLAYS is an evening of short plays that take place in a bar and involve people drinking beer. The 2015 PINT-SIZED PLAYS Festival will happen August 17, 18, 24, and 25 at PianoFight in downtown San Francisco.
- Plays must be no longer than the time it takes to finish a beer. This means plays may be as short as a few seconds, but no longer than eight pages.
- Plays must require no more than three actors.
- At least one of the characters in the play must be drinking a beer during the scene, and the play must end when someone finishes their beer.
- Plays must take place in a bar. This is for both thematic and logistical reasons. The plays will be performed in the bar space of the PianoFight building and the only set items we can guarantee are tables, chairs, and beers.
- Plays must respect the bar space. PianoFight is incredibly supportive of this festival, but in return, we need to be worthy of their trust. Don’t demand that actors do anything in your play that you wouldn’t do in a bar yourself (with some degree of sobriety).
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line “Last Name, First Name – Pint-Sized 2015 Submission.” Attach the script to the email as a PDF or Word doc. All scripts should include playwright’s name and contact information.
- Submission deadline is midnight Pacific time, May 15, 2015.
Selected plays will be announced in June 2015.
- We especially like: plays that can be cast flexibly (with actors of any age, race, or gender); plays with good roles for women; plays that have fun with style, language, or genre.
- We especially dislike: plays that promote stereotypes or clichés; plays that have been previously produced; plays hastily rewritten to fit our parameters.
- Open to residents of the following counties ONLY: San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Santa Cruz, Monterey, or San Joaquin. You must be able and willing to prove your residence and identity upon request.
- There is no fee to submit a play for consideration in Pint-Sized.
- Selected playwrights will receive a small stipend and the opportunity to have their play produced by San Francisco Theater Pub for four performances in August.
- San Francisco Theater Pub will handle all production responsibilities for the selected plays. We reserve the right to choose a director and actors for each play as we see fit.
- The submitted plays, whether chosen for production or not, remain the intellectual property of their authors. San Francisco Theater Pub makes no claims to these scripts and will not cut, edit, or otherwise change the playwright’s dialogue without the writer’s express permission.
- If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading your submissions!”
So now that you know, go write that play! Really. I want to sit and watch it and laugh or cry or both. I'll wait here while you work.