I was reading and recommending plays last night, and my husband asked me if the button from the National New Play Network was a little emblem that would go on our New Play Exchange profile, and when I corrected him and let him know it was an actual physical button, he responded: “Ooooh, like a medal!” And now I want it even more! So I've kicked it into a higher gear and have been reading, reading, reading my mornings and evenings away, and writing, writing, writing recommendations for all that I enjoy.
Here's what I've recommended so far this week:
- "Self Promoted” by Jessica Austgen
- "Apollo Flies” by Jessica Austgen
- "#yesmeansyes” by Carol Lashof
- "Tinder… Sucka” by Inda Craig-Galván
- "The Heartbreakers” by Iraisa Ann Reilly
- "Tom Petty” by Iraisa Ann Reilly
- "The Devil Eats Oreos?” by Sharai Bohannon
- "A List of Some Shit I've Killed” by Matt Barbot
- "Chekhov's Date (10 min)” by Cassandra Rose
- "Afterlife” by Jordan Ford
- "The Ring” by Diana Burbano
- "Vamping” by Diana Burbano
- "Amherst, Maine” by Jordan Ford
- "First Contact” by Liam Fitzgerald
- "Going In” by Kati Frazier
- "*[IN JUST-] A WHISTLE*” by Callan Stout
Discovering all these different voices and artists has been a secret prize in this month long reading challenge. And with only five days left, I can't wait to see who else I read and fall in love with.
Yay reading new plays!