Oh wow, it's MAY! The National New Play Network‘s April new play reading challenge on the New Play Exchange is over, here were my last recommendations for the month:
- "Mountain Law” by Melissa Leilani Larson
- "ELEVATOR GIRL” by Donna Hoke
- "Suicide Hotline” by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos
- "El Loro, El Gato y El Espiritu Santo (or The Parrot, the Cat and the Holy Ghost)” by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos
- "The Show Must NOT Go On!” by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos
- "KiKi Pineapple and Her New Best Friends Victor Mango and Inez Cupcakes Starring In: “Saving the World!"” by Steven G. Martin
- "Girl of Glass” by Jennifer Kokai
- "Take Flight” by Sandra A. Daley-Sharif
- "Anonymous” by Sandra A. Daley-Sharif
- "Goat-Sucker: A One-Minute Play” by Jordan Elizabeth Henry
- "Blueberry Pie” by Rachel Bykowski
- "GIFTED AND TALENTED” by Sonya Sobieski
- "Magellanica” by E. M. Lewis - this play! Read this play, then make every theater you know put it in their season. It's amazing!!
- "Nettled” by Kristian O'Hare
- "THE GROWING STONE” by Peter Snoad
Which puts me at - OH MY GOD! - EIGHTY recommendations on the New Play Exchange last month! Woo! I read 65 shorts, 3 one-acts, and 12 full-length plays. Daaaaaaang!
Fingers crossed I end up earning a button, but just reading all these plays has been more than enough for me. What a fantastic month! Thanks for the challenge National New Play Exchange, it's been incredibly inspiring!