Welcome to December! The countdown to 2020 is almost at its end. Time to curl up with hot cocoa and some great plays and read, OR go to a theater near you and fall into a whole new world. And if you're looking for those great plays to fall in to, let me point a few out to you…
Here's what I read and/or saw, and loved over the past two months on the New Play Exchange:
- A Play about David Mamet Writing a Play about Harvey Weinstein by Mathilde Dratwa
- delicacy of a puffin heart by Stefani Kuo
- Sense and Sensibility by Kate Hamill
- Colonialism is Terrible, But Pho is Delicious by Dustin Chinn
- Ballet for Aliens (written with Gerard Hernandez and O. Kokai-Means) by Jennifer Kokai
- The Book of Mountains and Seas by Yilong Liu
- Inner Dialogue by Kirk Shimano
- Leda and the pr0n by Kirk Shimano
- The Anthropology Section by Patricia Cotter
- The Lucky Ones by Lia Romeo
- Stiletto Envy by Eliana Pipes
- Cambodian Rock Band by Lauren Yee
Read/produce/share/see these plays!
For reals. It's nice to sit back with a hot drink and read, or to be in a dark place with strangers sharing breath, both force us to slow down during the hustle and bustle of the end of the year. It can make us think, laugh, cry, feel, and all of that is good for us especially with all the razzle-dazzle go-go-go spirit of December.