And everyone who was anyone had a flying car.
Well, not really.
But it is 2020! I hope the last bit of 2019 was joyous and restful for you, and that a nice cup of hot tea was always within an arm's reach.
I have SO many things to tell you! Unfortunately not all the beans are quite ready to be spilled, but but but a bunch are!…
Another Staged Reading of BURST
BURST was selected for the Mach 33 Festival of New Science-Drive Plays presented by Pasadena Playhouse and Caltech! I will be heading out to Pasadena in early April. Stay tuned for a lot more about this festival!
So Much Love For RIPPED
This fantastic turn of events is getting a whole post to itself, but for now I will just say that I am THRILLED that Z Space‘s production of RIPPED ended up on THREE different lists of the best Bay Area Theater of 2019! Check back for all the details and squeals coming soon….
12th Production of MY BODY
MY BODY was selected for Barrington Stage Company‘s 2020 10x10 New Play Festival in Pittsfield, MA February 13-March 8! This is the 12th production of MY BODY, a play which premiered in 2013 and just keeps on ticking. Hoping very much to get this play published soon! The full festival line-up includes:
- Digital Detox by Cynthia Arsenault, directed by Julianne Boyd.
- My Body by Rachel Bublitz, directed by Julianne Boyd.
- Are You One Of Those Robots? by Deirdre Girard, directed by Matthew Penn.
- Oy Vey Maria by Mark Harvey Levine, directed by Julianne Boyd.
- Closing Doors by John Minigan, directed by Matthew Penn.
- Jill Takes a Leap by Scott Mullen, directed by Matthew Penn.
- Minor Deviations by Erin Osgood, directed by Matthew Penn.
- Stay, Please by Jessica Provenz, directed by Julianne Boyd.
- Five Seconds by Connie Schindewolf, directed by Matthew Penn.
- With Improvements by the Actors by Ann Marie Shea, directed by Julianne Boyd.
I sadly won't make it out to Maine for the production, but if you're in that neck of the woods, be sure to check it out!
First Production of I SAID RUN.
I SAID RUN. will get its first production later this month at Redwood Day School in Oakland, California! Very excited for this short horror play to get a production, I've long thought that students would have a blast with this play.
Hitting the Road
In just two weeks I'll be going on my first trip of 2020! I'm the guest artist for the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival Region 5 Conference this year! I'll be teaching a few workshops, consulting with students, and developing my play FUNNY, LIKE AN ABORTION.
And there's more! More that I cannot tell you about yet. But as soon as the contracts are signed and things are official I will be singing all the good news from all the roof tops. Stay tuned!!!
Happy New Year!